
Ann holding the first months rent check for her mobile home that I found for her on-line. The check is from The Caring Center. The Caring Center is a shelter for abused woman. Bishop had Sister Goodin call them about a month ago regarding Ann's situation. They didn't have room for her and her mom but offered to pay the first month rent so they can get away from her daughter who hits them. Complications set in and things had come to a stand still on getting them away from her.
Maybe I should explain how I happened. Last week I was in my office reading President Monson's talk To The Rescue. These words moved me to action "Amidst the storms of life, danger lurks; and men, like boats, find themselves stranded and facing destruction. Who will man the lifeboats, leaving behind the comforts of home and family, and go to the rescue? If you do not magnify your callings, God will hold you responsible for those whom you might have saved had you done your duty. We are on the Lord's errand, and therefore we are entitled to the Lord's help. But we must try. From the stage play Shenandoah comes the spoken line which inspires "if we don't try, we don't do; and if we don't do, then why are we here?"
It looks hopeful that they will be out soon. When we took Ann to the center to volunteer to work in the Storehouse tonight she said "I am ready to be baptized. Get those girls (young single sisters) over here and I'll sign up." So I called them and they came and taught her. She had lots of questions. The spirit was so strong as she prayed telling Heavenly Father how much she wants to be baptized and plead with him to please forgive her daughter.
Sweet picture
ReplyDelete