Thank you for visiting my blog and reading about my mission here in Louisiana. I serve in the New Orleans Regional Employment Center in Slidell. On a daily basis I work to help register job seekers that come into our center, both members and non-members,on the church's website www.ldsjobs.org, then try to assist them in the job search with encouragement and by helping them to improve their self image, their skills with interview, resumes, application, etc. I do this, in part, by teaching two career workshops a month. I very much enjoy this part of my calling. I love these people and delight with every job placement.
Our center services 24 stakes in five states. I have been assigned to work with four of those stakes registering and training leaders. I love rubbing shoulders with these wonderful Stake Presidents, Bishops,ward and stake employment specialists in Memphis TN, Alexandria LA, Tallahassee FL, Jackson MS.
The church has taken a big interest in the employment area and certainly it is paramount in today’s world. Sister Goodin and I are two of the first six single senior sisters in the church to be sent to serve in employment. We also teach the 12-13 year old Sunday School class. In addition, and one of the things I love most about my mission, is that even though single senior sisters are no longer called to proselyte we are able to go out weekly to teach (and learn) with the young proselytizing sisters.I am loving the experience and adventure of it all. I appreciate being able to serve the Lord in this area and hope I have made a small contribution. Thank you for your visit and for your comments.
I am the proud mother of one daughter and three sons who are all grown now and have wonderful families of their own. They have blessed my life with 17 grandchildren,11 adorable grand-daughters and six precious grand-sons. I am currently serving a mission in the Regional LDS Employment Center in Slidell, Louisiana.
This is gorgeous
ReplyDelete