Sunday, November 7, 2010
Time to brag
Our Mission President came from Jackson, MS to our Sacrament meeting today. In his testimony he said that there are 120 missionaries in our mission and nearly 1/10th of them are in Slidell ward. A lot of testimonies were given by new converts. I was so touched by the testimony of our dear friends Ann and Bill who are each doing missionary work themselves. Two of our exceptional investigators came to church for the first time today. Week before last between the young elders, young sisters and Sister Goodin and I we gave 55 lessons in one week. Sister Goodin and I are, of course are a very small part of that, but it's wonderful to be a part of something so great. I feel such love for those we teach and those who have recently joined the church here. It's a greater privilege than I can explain to even be connected with them. Heavenly Father has given me such a gift by sending me on this mission. I'm truly grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Sharon who would of thought there were so many souls in that area that hadn't heard the gospel!! My heart swelled as I read your post, I my self am so blessed that our mother was introduced to the gospel long ago. What a special call you have to be there at this time.
ReplyDelete